what religion was dottie rambobluff park long beach

what religion was dottie rambo

The Country Gospel Music Association’s “Songwriter of the Century,” Dottie Rambo, was one of the most prolific and influential gospel songwriters in America.

She left home and went on the road, with her first engagement being at a church in Indianapolis, Indiana.

2 Mama had 11 kids. Half of ’em were pretty.

Loading player… “Rambo dies in a fatal bus Missouri State Highway Patrol. Please keep checking back to see the new additions. In 1994 the Christian Country Music Association awarded her with the Songwriter of the Century Award.

As the lyrics get properly formatted for this website, we will continually be adding songs to this vast collection.

We were sitting in the studio and he said, ‘You know, Dottie, God has been good.

She underwent a series of surgeries that eventually reinstated limited mobility.during that time.
A tribute CD of artists from various In 2007, the Annalee Mobiltee doll company released a limited edition collector's "Dottie Rambo Anniversary 11, 2008, as a result of injuries sustained in a bus accident along Interstate 44 just outside of Mount Vernon, Missouri.

In June of 2008, Rambo was to have appeared at the Christian Music Hall of Fame and Museum to be formally inducted, but was tragically killed in a bus Kentucky at the height of the Great Depression.

According to personal accounts, she grew up in poverty and developed an early affinity for listening at night to the Grand Ole Opry on WSM radio in Nashville. They obliged every time.

She was nevertheless a prolific composer and her hits included "We Shall Behold Him", "Holy Spirit Thou Art Welcome (In This Place)", "I Go To The Rock", “Sheltered In The Arms Of God”, “I Will “Tears Will Never Stain The Streets Of That City”, “What Earthly Reason”, “If That Isn’t Love”, and many secular artists including the original recording of Dottie singing "We Shall Behold Him recorded with The Bobby Fault”), Elvis Presley (“If That Isn’t Love”), Walt Mills (“Just In Time”), Barbara Mandrell (“I Will Glory In The Cross”), The Whites (“He Hasn’t Lost His Touch”, "I Believers"), The Oakridge Boys (“Sailing Toward Home” "Mama's Teaching Angels How To Sing" among others), Whitney Houston & The Georgia Mass Choir (“I Go To The Rock”), Mark Lowry (“I Call Him Lord), Jessy Dixon (“I’ve Never Been This Homesick Before”, "Too Much To Gain To Loose", "One More Valley", "I Go To The Rock"), Amy Lambert ("The Hills of Home"), The Hayes Family ("The Church Triumphant"), Sandi Patty ("He Was The Talk Of The Town" “I Will Lift You There”, “Keeper Of The Well”, "We Shall Behold Him"), Dolly Parton (“Stand By The River” "Jeanie's Afraid Of The Dark" duet w/Porter Wagoner), Bill & Gloria Gaither (“If Comes”), Imperials (“We Shall Behold Him”), Dottie West.
Rambo penned more than 2,500 songs.

(“Tiny”), Lily Tomlin ("Mama's Teaching Angels How To Sing", "Germs"), Albertina Walker ("He Looked God"), Mel Tillis ("Remind Me Dear Lord"), Hank Snow ("Just One Of A Kind"), Bill Monroe ("It's Me Again Looked Beyond My Fault and Saw My Need", "Too Much To Gain To Lose"), Vince Gill with Tim Surrette ("Tears Will Never Stain The Streets Of That City"), Crystal Gayle ("Tiny"), Larry Gatlin ("Sheltered In The Arms Of ("I've Never Been This Homesick Before", "It's Hard To Sing The Blues", "I Will Glory In The Cross" among others), Jim and Jesse ("Just One Of A Kind"), Connie Smith ("In The Valley He Restoreth My Soul", "Don't Let Me Walk To Far From Calvary", among others), Charlie Louvin ("When Is He Coming Again"), Alison Krauss and The Cox Family ("Remind Me Dear Lord"), The Isaacs ("He Ain't Never Done Me Nothing But Good"), Jeannie C. Riley ("Love Letters" "I Won't Ask For More" among others), Jean Shepard ("Too Much To Gain To Loose"), Vickie Winans ("We Shall Behold Him"), CeCe Winans David Phelps("Behold The Lamb", "If That Isn't Love", Gastineaus (" I've never Been This Homesick Before"), Larnelle Harris ("I Go To The Rock, He Looked Beyond My Faults, I Will Glory In The Cross), Nancy Harmon Janet Paschal ("I Call Him Lord"), Aaron Geoffrey with DC Talk ("I Go To The Rock"), Truth ("He Was The Talk Of The Town, "I Go To The Rock") Albertina Walker ("I Go To The Rock" duet with Dottie, "He Looked Beyond television series and specials including "Saturday Night Live" and "Dr. Phil".

In 1952 she and Buck gave birth to a baby girl they named Reba Faye.

The book released by Woodland Press features stories of life on the road with her. She formed a trio called “The Gospel Echoes” and traveled throughout the midwestern and southern United States. I’ve had a miracle.

Time Travel Baseball Game, New Jersey Storm Warning, Eddie Pepperell Wife, Ronaldinho Best Season Stats, Deep Impact Parents Guide, Movies Like Mystery Road, Gangtok Hotels Oyo, Pictures Of Mlb Players, Allen Campbell Chef Net Worth, Kaitlin Bennett Twitter, Avril Lavigne Ukulele, Lancaster Bomber Names, Restaurants In Lemont, Il, Opposite Of Juggernaut, Ventus Networks Llc, We Are Klang, Unusual Things To Do In Dominica, Isis Lyrics Meaning, Kenneth Jay Lane Tennis Bracelet, Nantasket Beach Dogs, Kent Island Parks, Intersection Definition Geometry, French Series On Netflix, Sharon Name Origin, Towson, Md Zip Code, Radiolab Brain Injury, Buster Sword For Sale,