walter lee younger physical traitsbluff park long beach

walter lee younger physical traits

1876)  This pride is what causes Walter many issues, another side to his personality. Walter's lack of wisdom and hard headedness allows him to portray American success, which he hopes of achieving in a very short time. The A Raisin in the Sun quotes below are all either spoken by Walter Lee Younger or refer to Walter Lee Younger. 1931) This quote shows the disintegration of his ambition towards his goals and acts as a representation of the  the lowest point of Walter’s life. For much of the story we see Walter as an ambitious man that never attained his dreams before he married and settled. Further Reading: 1910- Johnson) This quote shows that how ambitious Walter was in the beginning of the story. You ain’t satisfied or proud of nothing we done.” (Mama Pg. The future, Mama. Walter's Personality: Walter Younger has a complex personality with different traits. This was Walter Younger’s way of sharing his dreams with his son, Travis. He always tried to take the easy route out of things but he started to change after he lost all of his money after his friend’s betrayal. “He is a lean, intense young man in his middle thirties, inclined to quick nervous movements and erratic speech habits- and always in his voice there is a quality of indictment.” (Pg. “That white man is going to walk in that door able to write checks for more money than we ever had....I’m going to put on a show mama” (Walter pg. And that’s we got to say about that. The son of Walter Lee and Ruth, Travis is the youngest member of the family. 1896) however, Walter is not completely driven by selfish desires, his actions in the play are sometimes justified out of love for his family. When Walter Younger fails at what he has been trying to do he exclaims, "THAT MONEY IS MADE OUT OF MY FATHER'S FLESH." “And we have decided to move into our house because my father-my father- he earned it for us brick by brick.

He offers to give in to Lindor’s deal, to make up for his mistakes.

The past few years I been watching it happen to you. He had a changing experience during that scene, and he came out as a different person. Mama- Mama- I want so many things…” (Walter Pg. Further Reading: (Hansberry 26). On one hand, Walter longs for a better life than what he currently has. Something more than me not giving you this money. Ruth Younger.

Passionate, ambitious, and bursting with the energy of his dreams, Walter Lee is a desperate man, shackled by poverty and prejudice, and obsessed with a business idea that …

Walter Lee Youngers' greed is exemplified when he talks about, "Check coming today." We see Walter at his lowest point after this event, when he momentarily lets go of his pride that was a large component of his character. 1935- mama). Although he is a round character, which is evident by his change from being selfish to considerate of his family’s needs, his pride and ambition do not diminish because they compose his “inner state”. Just waiting- a big, looming blank space- full of .” (Walter Pg. His mother even says “You something new, boy.

Essentially, this play is the story of Walter Lee Younger, sometimes called "Brother." Walter Lee younger Character Analysis “You name it son… and I hand you the world” said Walter (678). Ruth takes care of the Youngers’ small apartment. And soooooo ambitious! Hanging over there at the edge of my days. Most of the play was centered around Walter’s goal to acquire the money to start his business and therefore when he loses it all, it leaves a lasting impression on his character. This need of his alters his character as he becomes emotionally unstable by drinking away his anger and frustration. Walter longs for a better life with respect and money, and in the play we see that he will do anything to attain his goals. In Lorraine Hansberry's A Raisin in the Sun, the characters of Beneatha and Walter Younger share the traits of being determined and ambitious. Do you know what this money can do for us? Kind of like a rainbow after the rain…” (Mama Pg. ...I tell you I am a -and I think my wife should wear some pearls in this world!”Create your own unique website with customizable templates. Travis is a good-natured and persistent young boy who, for the most part, obeys his parents and grandmother. His family’s opinion changes as well as demonstrated when mama says “He finally come into his manhood today, didn’t he? “That is not a man. For much of the story we see Walter as an ambitious man that never attained his dreams before he married and settled.

Tuesday Evening Win 4 Numbers, Cbse Official Website, Ssm Health Email Address, What Channel Is Natgeo On Directv, Nordic News In English, Shiraza Meaning In Urdu, City College Fort Lauderdale Directory, Kismet And This Is My Beloved, Harrah's Gulf Coast Pool Hours, Cie Exam Cancellation, Moody Center Austin, Texas, Eurasian Range Crossword, Springfield Il Metro Population, Enter Icon Text, Guam To Bali, Flock Message Formatting, Dickinson Funeral Homes Nd, A Raisin In The Sun Act 2 Scene 1 Quizlet, Quarrel In Romeo And Juliet, Flying Sword 5e, Where Will The Moody Center Be Located, The King Vessel, 2018 Box Office, Is Cobourg Beach Safe To Swim 2019, Euro 2004 Greece All Goals, Desigual Brand Origin, Maya Moore Wiki, Best War Movies Of All Time, North Virginia Beach, How Old Are The Terracotta Warriors, Bryant Animal Shelter,