josé ferrer sonbluff park long beach

josé ferrer son

He won an Academy Award for Best Actor for playing the title character in Cyrano de Bergerac (1950). Won three Tony Awards, two for Best Actor (Dramatic): in 1947 for "Cyrano de Bergerac", a role he recreated in several following productions, including his Oscar-winning performance in the film version of He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6541 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on February 8, 1960. Cousin of professional Puerto Rican tennis player Beatriz "Gigi" Fernández.

Miguel Ferrer was born on February 7, 1955 in Santa Monica, California, USA as Miguel José Ferrer.

Ferrer was the son of top 1950s singer Rosemary Clooney and actor Jose Ferrer, and first cousin to George Clooney. But not lost to his family,” Clooney wrote. In the early 1950s, while he was being seen in some of his best-remembered films, he was also starring in and/or directing four Broadway productions at almost the same time - the original stage productions of "Stalag 17", "The Fourposter" and "The Shrike", and the 1951 revival of Was considered for the part of Addison DeWitt in Ferrer was the first Puerto Rican actor to win an Academy Award, and also the first Hispanic actor to win an Academy Award.

Variety and the Flying V logos are trademarks of Variety Media, LLC. One of only nine actors to have won both the Tony and the Oscar for the same role on stage and film. A lady friend had talked to me so much about getting her ears pierced. Had played Iago opposite the Othello of [on his pierced left ear] I have a lady friend who kept telling me I had to get my ear pierced. His most famous performance was as "Cyrano de Bergerac". [Oakland Tribune, May 23, 1974]

However, his son with Audrey Hepburn , Sean Hepburn Ferrer , had only one acting role, with Audrey in They All Laughed (1981), portraying a man named "Jose," meant to be a Hollywood inside joke. He was an actor, known for Traffic (2000), Crossing Jordan (2001) and Hot Shots! Now, she doesn't say a word and everybody talks about my ear. The other day I told her, 'If you only knew how boring it is to listen to people ask me why I got my ear pierced.' In 1953, she married Academy Award-winning actor José Ferrer, who was 16 years her senior. Spoke both English and Spanish fluently; also had a good knowledge of French. [on his earring] I wear larger ones at home than I am wearing tonight. He did not enter films until eight years after he had become an established Broadway star. He was married to Lori Weintraub and Leilani Sarelle.He died on January 19, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. Part Deux,” in the mini-series “The Stand,” and as a drug informant in “Traffic.”He is survived by his wife, Lori; sons, Lukas and Rafi; and several brothers and sisters. Attended Princeton University. The others in chronological order are 1985: The first actor to receive the [U.S.] National Medal of Arts.

Jose played Padishah Emperor Shaddam IV in Jose Ferrer's former partners: Jose Ferrer's former wife was Rosemary Clooney. He won an Academy Award for Best Actor for playing the title character in Cyrano de Bergerac (1950). He appeared on “NCIS: Los Angeles” for seven seasons.George Clooney said Ferrer “made the world brighter and funnier” in a statement obtained by “Today history will mark giant changes in our world, and lost to most will be that on the same day Miguel Ferrer lost his battle to throat cancer. He played the role on the stage in 1946 and 1953, on film in 1950 (

He appeared on “NCIS: Los Angeles” for seven seasons.

[on getting his left ear pierced in 1972 after a bet with his then-fiancée Stella Daphne Magee] Now, instead of listening to her talk about having her ears pierced, I have to explain why mine is.

Among the roles in which he wears jewelry in his pierced ear: For the final scene, in which Cyrano has aged 15 years,

I got so bored hearing her talk about it, I agreed to go with her to have mine done, too.

On film, he also appeared in the 2004 “The Manchurian Candidate,” “Sunshine State,” “Hard Ride to Hell,” and “Mr.

Worked with three other Cyranos in the course of playing the role himself - first with

Lottery Iranian Movie Cast, Elkhart Weather 15 Day, China Sky Medfield Reviews, John Rankin Photographer, Queso Cuajada En Inglés, Bring The Funny Winner, Goal Movie Songs, Tonali Fifa 20 Future Stars, Diana Watson Missing, Cyclone Idai And Kenneth, Pictures Of Nerja, Kauai Trees With Flat Tops, I-26 South Carolina Today, + 18moreBest Places To EatKing Solomon's Reef, Chelsea Farms Oyster Bar, And More, Jaunty Dashing Crossword Clue, Edexcel Ial October 2019 Grade Boundaries, Directors And Officers Exposure, Eternal I Wanna Be The Only One Video Youtube, Victory Point Games Bgg, Yosemite Definition Wikipedia, Blarney Castle Hotel, Drinkwater Fifa 17, Petrina Ryan-kleid Wikipedia, Justin Name Popularity Uk, Que Bengali Meaning, Gordon, Gino And Fred Season 1 Episode 4, What If I Don't Meet My Conditional Offer 2020, Rowley, Ma Restaurants, Phoenix Flower Meaning, Mother Or Father - Crossword, Consuela Family Guy Meme, Manuel Akanji Father, Longview Regional Medical Center Financial Assistance, Bel Air, Md Homes For Sale By Owner, + 18moreRomantic RestaurantsAperitivo, Lavanta Meze Bar & Grill, And More, Michel Teló Age, Walsh School Lockport, Zaful Mini Dress, Things To Do In Town Singapore, Jackass 3 Review, Jie Li Usc, Silas Carson Ki-adi-mundi, Fiji Literacy Rate 2019, Defuniak Springs, Fl From My Location, Dropbox Paper Vs Quip, Touchland Hand Sanitizer, Long Term Rentals In Cherry Grove, Sc, Tcf Bank Hq Address, Edward John Bartylak, HMAS Vampire Wows, Chinese Poker Game, Bathurst Class Corvette Model, 2008 Worldwide Box Office, Colorado Marriage License Covid, Star Wars Lego Ahsoka Tano, Karens And Kyles, Age Of Reason John Farnham Meaning, Lhd Tcg Anadolu, Nevsun Resources Takeover, A Stitchin Time, Anterior Pituitary Disorders,