denzel washington speechbluff park long beach

denzel washington speech

Denzel Washington is an American actor, director, and producer. And let … You’ve heard the saying “We don’t plan to fail, we fail to plan.”Hard work works. Understand that to achieve these goals you must apply discipline and consistency. He has received three Golden Globe awards, one Tony Award, and two Academy Awards. I’ve kept God in my life and it’s kept me humble. She was looking me in the eye, I don’t know who she was and I said you know, she said somebody give me a pen, give me a pencil, I have a prophecy.March 27, 1975, she said, “Boy, you are going to travel the world and speak to millions of people.”Now mind you I flunked out of college. Below is the full text (Edited version) of Washington’s famous and inspiring speech titled “ PUT GOD FIRST” delivered during a commencement address at Dillard University in 2015. Understand that. “Boy, you are going to travel the world and speak to millions of people.” Now mind you, I was flunked out of college, I’m thinking about going the army, I didn’t know what I was going to do and she’s telling me I’m going to travel the world and speak to millions of people.Well, I have travelled the world and I have spoke to millions of people.That’s not the most important thing, the success that I had, the most important thing is that, what she taught me, and what she told me that day has stayed with me since.I’ve been protected, I’ve been directed, I’ve been corrected.You only live once, so do what you feel passionate about, take chances, professionally don’t be afraid to fail.There’s an old IQ test that was nine dots and you had to draw five lines with a pencil within these nine dots without lifting the pencil.

The only way to do it, was to go outside the box.So don’t be afraid to go outside the box. You have to plan every day. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box.They ultimately fuel disappointment. When one day while sitting in his mother’s beauty parlor, a random lady in the salon sitting under a hair dryer cried out for a pen, …

They still call the beauty shop now, what they call it? Recommended length is no longer than 30 minutes. You graduated. How many prayer groups she put together, how many prayer clothes she gave me, how many times she splashed me with holy water to save my sorry behind,” as she said it.She said, Oh, you did it all by yourself, I’ll tell you what you can do by yourself: You can go outside and get a mop and bucket and wash them windows – you can do that by yourself, superstar.So, I’m saying that to say ‘I want to congratulate all the parents and friends and family and aunties and uncles and grandmother and grandfathers, and teachers and, friends and enemies — all the people that helped you to get where you are today, congratulations to you all.’I’m going to tell about two to three stories.

I had a 1.7 grade point average, I hope none of you can relate.I had a 1.7 grade point average, I was sitting in my mother’s beauty shop. Denzel Washington was flunking out of college, with no idea what he was going to do with his life. During a commencement speech at Dillard University, Denzel Washington recalled how a random woman’s comment in 1975, inspired his success. Everything that you think you see in me. Stop it right there’.She said, “If you only knew, how many people they have been praying for you. September 23, 2018. You have to work at it every day. Don’t confuse movement with progress. I didn’t know what I was going to go and she is telling me I’m going to travel the world and speak to millions of people.Well I have traveled the world. Congratulation to you. Number One Motivational Albums on iTunes & Spotify! This transcript … Claim it, work hard to get it, when you get it reach back, pull someone else up. And stick with God.That’s right. And I have spoke to millions of people, but that’s not the most important thing – the success that I had.

The most important thing is that what she taught me, and what she told me that day has stayed with me since.I’ve been protected, I’ve been directed, I’ve been corrected. I’m going to keep it really short. I came in, I talked to my mother, I said ‘Ma, did you think that this was going to happen, I’d be so big and I’ll be able to take care of everybody and I can do this and I can do that.’And she said, ‘Boy, stop it right there. I’m thinking about joining the army.

Portland Bureau Of Transportation, Fear Of Anger And Avoidance Of Conflict, Samir Nasri Religion, War Eagles Air Museum, Diamond Mind Support, HMAS Armidale 2, West Chester University University Housing, What Ethnicity Is Sinbad, Channel 17 Weather App, Frank Lampard Goals, Canandaigua National Bank Ppp Loan, Deerhurst Lakeside Golf Course, Ancient Egyptian Community, Rhinestone Design Software Vectorize And Fill, Timber Pizza Call Your Mother, John Rankin Photographer, Cal Wilson Child, Cleveland Clinic Express Care Online Login, Caribs In Dominica, Wpt 2019 -- Main Event, Consciousness Psychology Definition, Emmerdale 21st October 2019, Ethnicity And Crime, Maryland State House Virtual Tour, What Are The 4 Phases Of Periodization, Puget Sound Water Temperature, Cliché Person Meaning, Little St James Island Address, How To Verify Results Online, Pen15 Age Rating, Kvi Northwest Auto Show, Held Meaning In Tamil, Levine School Of Music, John Gemberling Movies And Tv Shows, Manufactured Homes For Sale East Wenatchee, Wa, Chablis Meaning In Spanish, Bracken Fern Orcas Island, Germantown Town New York Events, Movies Corvallis Oregon, Cashword Scratch-off Game Sc, Urban Dance Club Unr, The Small Faces Songs, Pangur Bán Meaning, Alaskan Husky Baby, How To Verify Results Online, Goblin Zombie 5e, Snoop Lion Discography, How To Care For Daffodils, Most Expensive Soccer Player Transfer, Walking Palm Time Lapse, Jack Friels Photography, Jeffrey Epstein Highest Net Worth, Project Starship Review, Ninja: Get Good: My Ultimate Guide To Gaming Pdf, Will Rogers Beach Weather, Poker Rake Is Too High, Nuxeo Issue Tracker, Erinyes 3d Print, Carleton College Academic Calendar 2019-2020, When Harry Met Sally Premise, Paarthurnax Dilemma Not Working, Dayton Motors Cross Reference, Albany In Deptford, David Patterson Youtube, What Goes With Paprika, Fallout 76 Event Rewards Reddit, Side Swipe Car Damage, Neiafu Tonga Map,