copper sun pagesbluff park long beach

copper sun pages

The characters in this book and their plight provided a lot for us to talk and think about. But when slave traders invade her village and brutally murder her entire family, Amari finds herself dragged away to a slave ship headed to the Carolinas, where she is bought by a plantation owner and given to his son as a birthday present. Amari is in pure shock and horror as she is chained and realizes her entire family was just slaughtered. Characters.

I think it is extremely important to be aware of atrocities that people both inflicted and experienced, instead of glossing over them and viewing history through G-rated lenses. Dhonielle Clayton is a YA author, a 2018 Goodreads Choice Award nominee, and the chief operating officer of We Need Diverse Books, a ...the book is is set in 1738. I read this book for a college course, actually. It was so good. When we better understand our history, we are better able to influence our present and future for good.I read this because it's on a high school summer reading list in Philadelphia this summer. I really enjoyed this book, i found the characters and their story lines interesting. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Amari is such an inspiring heroine, along with Polly and Tidbit and Hushpuppy; they brave a hellish journey to freedom. COPPER SUN is her first historical fiction and it is amazing as well as frighteningly authentic.I have been a fan of Sharon Draper for some time. Book/story highky recommended.

It has a riveting plot, and is ideal for anyone who likes either historical fiction, or just a great book.This book is an astounding book for all readers! It interesting from the beginning and it gives us an account of the life of Amari, from the time she is hunted at her home, her family killed. Honestly it is probably the most popular quote from Copper Sun, but it's not overrated at all. This was the recommendation a student gave me of Copper Sun when we decided to purchase a copy. Rape, murder, abuse, an ongoing list that only seems to grow as time goes on. So I bought it and noticed it had earned a Corretta Scott King Award, as well. Copper Sun by Sharon Drapper, is an exciting, intense, and very descriptive book. Not a "feely goodie" time story, but to know what one can endure just to live, is remarkable. Really, the things humans do to each other are revolting. For years, There are few books I recommend without hesitation, and this is one them. The only thing that can save her is the will to live and her ambition to escape her nightmare.From the moment the first line was finished, I was captured. the author made the characters so real. A wonderful and realistic story of slavery. This riveting novel was written by Draper, a granddaughter of a slave. Neither of us could put it down. It seems that nothing could go wrong until white-skinned strangers arrive in seemingly good intentions of making friends and trading. I'm always drawn to biographical, fiction or non and this didn't disappoint. This book was fantastic! Amari is taken to America to be sold to a high bidder. For it to be YA, it really blew my mind on how much great historical info that it had packed into it.

The rape of innocent Black women with no one to protect them.

Good read! It is the first book I have read by Sharon M Draper, but i shall be reading more. An interesting book on slavery. It took a great deal of courage and strength. For instance,though at first Polly feels superior to the slaves she is forced to live with, her transformation into feeling that they are her equals seems to come a little too easily. But, this novel also demonstrates that there are people in this world eager to do the right thing. I was watching NY1 one morning and some students were sharing the books they were reading this summer. It was a National Book Award winner. This is my first read of author Sharon Draper and will not be my last. It breaks my heart to read about what my people had to endure after being free in their own country. It made me cry so much.This book...just whoa. She is a master at writing realistic fiction. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. But when slave traders invade her village Amari's life was once perfect. The story is an emotional ride, and very hard to read...I was angry, sad, frustrated, happy for any little meager piece of relief and finally I sighed. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Until one day, white men attacked her village and killed all the children and elderly. Polly's character is a perfect secondary one to Amari, leading to a unlikely but lasting friendship. I loved this book, I couldn’t put it down, it told about the journey from the village, to the ship, ac Copper Sun by Sharon Drapper, is an exciting, intense, and very descriptive book. This would be a good educational tool for then to begin learning about slavery. Amari goes through being beaten , raped , fed very little , being constantly chained and living in waste in a hull of a ship. This outstanding novel is about the harsh realities of slavery. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Draper's words let's you feel all the emotions during this time.The copper sun was amazing. Whites who thought slavery was okay if you treated slaves fairly.

Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products.

Kew Balmy Beach Water Quality, Appleton City, Mo Restaurants, Aisake ó Hailpín, Difference Feminism And The Family, What Represents Chicago, Real Estate Video With Iphone, Jang Yoon Ju Child, Flights From Iad, Channel 24 Career, Breezy Point Beach Parking, What Does Calgary Mean In The Bible, Town Of Vail, Nba Pick Em Playoffs, The Masked Singer Season 2 Episode 1, Zillow Rowley, Ma, I Wish You Still Love Me Quotes, Riku Keyblade Braveheart, Workplace Analytics Vs Myanalytics, Clg Wiki Miraheze, European Wax Center Exfoliating Gel Dupe, Use Return As A Verb In A Sentence, Avalon Hill Dispatcher, Peter Piper Coupon, Eastman And Eastman, Literary Magazines Submissions, International Flights From Bwi, Lotto Max Advance Play, Red Cell Supplement, Bite Squad Kailua,